LAZARUS HOUSE – FIRST FRIDAYS
On the first Friday of each month, Hosanna! volunteers minister to the homeless and hungry in our community by preparing food, serving dinner, and providing an overnight volunteer to assist the staff at Lazarus House, 214 Walnut Street, St. Charles, IL 60174.
2020 dates: January 3, February 7, March 6, April 3, May 1, June 5, July 3, August 7, September 4, October 2, November 6, December 4
Add your name to the sign-up sheet at the Welcome Center in the Narthex, or contact the church office with any questions if you can help with any of these monthly needs:
- Prepare a hot dish for 15 people (Bring the food in a disposable container to the shelter, hot and ready to eat at 6:45 p.m., as dinner is served at 7:00 p.m.).
- Prepare a salad for 15 people (Bring salad in a disposable container by 6:45 p.m. -- if you prepare a lettuce salad, please include a salad dressing).
- Prepare 10 bag lunches (Each should contain a drink, sandwich, chips, cookies, piece of fruit; Pack refrigerated items in a separate bag; Drop off lunches any time during the day on Friday).
- Be an overnight volunteer (Assist a Lazarus House staff person overnight -- arrive by 9:30 p.m. Friday and stay until 6:00 a.m. Saturday).
- Donate beverages (Bring to the shelter by 6:45 p.m. -- please call Lazarus House, 630-587-2144, to see what specific beverage items are needed).