Hosanna!'s Vision, Values and Beliefs
Hosanna! is committed to being Connected With Christ, and One Another, and Those in Need and this is our guiding Vision Statement. We are affiliated with the Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ (LCMC) association of churches.
So, what do we believe here at Hosanna!?
- We believe there is one God, eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19
- We believe the Bible is the inspired and authoritative Word of God. John 1:1
- We believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ, in his virgin birth, in his sinless life, in the miracles he performed, in his death on the cross, in his bodily resurrection, in his ascension to the right hand of God, and in his personal return. Philippians 2:5-11
- We believe people receive forgiveness of sins and eternal life through Jesus Christ alone, crucified and risen. John 3:16
- We believe that Jesus makes each believer a new creation. In the risen Christ, the Spirit begins a lifetime process of healing and transforming the heart, attitude, and life of each believer. We are the clay and he is the potter as he reshapes who we are to become as fully committed disciples of Jesus Christ to live out a new vision and purpose as workers in his kingdom. 2 Corinthians 5:17
- We believe that we are called upon to serve Jesus using our spiritual gifts for the purpose of building up the body of Christ, as we share the radical grace of Jesus with others. 1 Corinthians 12:27
- We believe in the Biblical view of marriage and that the sanctity of such a relationship exists between one man and one woman. Mark 10:6-9
- We believe our Lutheran interpretation of the Christian faith: including our sacramental, grace-filled theological understanding of Scripture and faith from the unaltered Augsburg confession and the Book of Concord. Ephesians 2:8-9
Then what are the values that define Hosanna! and directly support the Vision Statement?
Biblical. Hebrews 4:12, Psalm 119:105, 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Each member will feel comfortable using the Bible for devotion, reference, study, and sharing
- Promote that the Bible is the Living Word of God which is the truth for all generations.
- The Bible is the roadmap for our lives, to lead us through this life to our eternal home.
Missional. Colossians 3:17, Matthew 25:40, Luke 4:18
- We are to bring the hope of Jesus to others.
- We are blessed to be a blessing to others.
- Whatever we do to the least (those without) and the last (those who are marginalized) of these our brothers and sisters in Christ, we do for/to Jesus.
Evangelical. Luke 19:10, 1 Peter 3:15, Acts 1:8
- We value hospitality evangelism as we both invite and welcome others to our Christian family.
- Just as Jesus came to save and serve the lost we should have a passion to reach out to those who need Jesus in their lives.
- We should always be ready and unapologetically willing to share our personal stories of hope with others.
Lutheran. John 3:33-36, Acts 15:11, 1 Peter 2:9
- Worship the triune God as described in the Apostles Creed.
- Eternally thankful that we are saved through grace in faith in Jesus Christ.
- Value that we are all members of the priesthood of believers.
What is Hosanna!'s goal since a church is people, not a building?
For all to be fully committed disciples of Jesus Christ. It’s not enough to follow; we must also continue to hunger and thirst for righteousness sake and be able to share Jesus with others, too, in both words and deeds.
By being fully committed disciples of Jesus Christ, we will connect with Christ, and one another, and those in need.
Ministry Teams, Council and Organizational Structure
Hosanna!'s many activities, groups, events and programs are organized into Ministry Teams, each responsible for a different area of ministry and grouped under the elements of our Vision statement. We have great volunteer leaders and team members who are filled with creativity and passion! (Just a side note, you can be a part of it too!)
There are 6 teams that represent the "Connected With Christ" element: Adult Discipleship; Youth; Children & Family; Preschool; Worship; and Music. Under "Connected With One Another" there are: Evangelism; Fellowship; and Communications. Supporting "Connected With Those In Need" we have: Member Prayer & Care; and Outreach. And there are 4 important teams we have included in a Congregation Support category: Property; Technology; Media; and Stewardship & Finance.
Each Team has one or more volunteer Key Leader(s), an assigned Church Staff Resource contact, a Congregational Council representative and a core circle of volunteers who direct the efforts of the Team. Each Team is accountable to the guiding mission and vision of Hosanna! through their Council representative, but are empowered to creatively, cooperatively and energetically accomplish their respective goals.
With the exception of Jesus Himself, we know that no human is perfect. But as disciples, Christ teaches us that each day we are to grow closer to Him than the day before. Hosanna!'s leaders are to be examples and model Christ-like qualities to those in the church and in their daily lives. Download a copy of Hosanna!'s Leadership Guidelines for more info.
Click here for more information about our organizational structure and wonderful Ministry Teams, Key Leaders and Council.
History of Hosanna!
Chartered in 1981, first building in 1985, new building in 2007 ... and the best is yet to come!