Hosanna!'s Vision, Values and Beliefs
Hosanna! Vision Statement is BELIEVE, BELONG, BECOME. We are affiliated with the Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ (LCMC) association of churches.
So, what do we believe here at Hosanna!?
- We believe there is one God, eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19
- We believe the Bible is the inspired and authoritative Word of God. John 1:1
- We believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ, in his virgin birth, in his sinless life, in the miracles he performed, in his death on the cross, in his bodily resurrection, in his ascension to the right hand of God, and in his personal return. Philippians 2:5-11
- We believe people receive forgiveness of sins and eternal life through Jesus Christ alone, crucified and risen. John 3:16
- We believe that Jesus makes each believer a new creation. In the risen Christ, the Spirit begins a lifetime process of healing and transforming the heart, attitude, and life of each believer. We are the clay and he is the potter as he reshapes who we are to become as fully committed disciples of Jesus Christ to live out a new vision and purpose as workers in his kingdom. 2 Corinthians 5:17
- We believe that we are called upon to serve Jesus using our spiritual gifts for the purpose of building up the body of Christ, as we share the radical grace of Jesus with others. 1 Corinthians 12:27
- We believe in the Biblical view of marriage and that the sanctity of such a relationship exists between one man and one woman. Mark 10:6-9
- We believe our Lutheran interpretation of the Christian faith: including our sacramental, grace-filled theological understanding of Scripture and faith from the unaltered Augsburg confession and the Book of Concord. Ephesians 2:8-9
Then what are the values that define Hosanna! and directly support the Vision Statement?
Biblical. Hebrews 4:12, Psalm 119:105, 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Each member will feel comfortable using the Bible for devotion, reference, study, and sharing
- Promote that the Bible is the Living Word of God which is the truth for all generations.
- The Bible is the roadmap for our lives, to lead us through this life to our eternal home.
Missional. Colossians 3:17, Matthew 25:40, Luke 4:18
- We are to bring the hope of Jesus to others.
- We are blessed to be a blessing to others.
- Whatever we do to the least (those without) and the last (those who are marginalized) of these our brothers and sisters in Christ, we do for/to Jesus.
Evangelical. Luke 19:10, 1 Peter 3:15, Acts 1:8
- We value hospitality evangelism as we both invite and welcome others to our Christian family.
- Just as Jesus came to save and serve the lost we should have a passion to reach out to those who need Jesus in their lives.
- We should always be ready and unapologetically willing to share our personal stories of hope with others.
Lutheran. John 3:33-36, Acts 15:11, 1 Peter 2:9
- Worship the triune God as described in the Apostles Creed.
- Eternally thankful that we are saved through grace in faith in Jesus Christ.
- Value that we are all members of the priesthood of believers.