Hosanna!'s Vision, Values and Beliefs
Hosanna! is committed to being Connected With Christ, and One Another, and Those in Need and this is our guiding Vision Statement. We are affiliated with the Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ (LCMC) association of churches.
So, what do we believe here at Hosanna!?
- We believe there is one God, eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19
- We believe the Bible is the inspired and authoritative Word of God. John 1:1
- We believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ, in his virgin birth, in his sinless life, in the miracles he performed, in his death on the cross, in his bodily resurrection, in his ascension to the right hand of God, and in his personal return. Philippians 2:5-11
- We believe people receive forgiveness of sins and eternal life through Jesus Christ alone, crucified and risen. John 3:16
- We believe that Jesus makes each believer a new creation. In the risen Christ, the Spirit begins a lifetime process of healing and transforming the heart, attitude, and life of each believer. We are the clay and he is the potter as he reshapes who we are to become as fully committed disciples of Jesus Christ to live out a new vision and purpose as workers in his kingdom. 2 Corinthians 5:17
- We believe that we are called upon to serve Jesus using our spiritual gifts for the purpose of building up the body of Christ, as we share the radical grace of Jesus with others. 1 Corinthians 12:27
- We believe in the Biblical view of marriage and that the sanctity of such a relationship exists between one man and one woman. Mark 10:6-9
- We believe our Lutheran interpretation of the Christian faith: including our sacramental, grace-filled theological understanding of Scripture and faith from the unaltered Augsburg confession and the Book of Concord. Ephesians 2:8-9
Then what are the values that define Hosanna! and directly support the Vision Statement?